Terms and conditions for your website.
- a copyright notice, to protect the copyright and other intellectual property in your website and preventing others from using it for commercial purposes;
- a disclaimer, which limits your liability to the users of the website if something goes wrong (like their computer getting a virus after using your website).;
- rules around how users are allowed to post or submit content to the website;
- a licence which allows you to use the content that users post to the website; and
- your right to terminate a user’s access to the website.
Whenever your business collects an individual’s personal data, in order to comply with your data protection obligations, you must provide that person with certain privacy information. This is a legal requirement and you could face serious fines if you don’t comply. You’re also legally required to give individuals using your website clear information about what cookies you use.
- what personal data you collect;
- what you do with it, including whether you will share it with any third parties and how long you will keep it for;
- what rights your users have;
- what cookies you use on your website;
- how you will ask your users for their consent to you using cookies; and
- how your users can manage their cookies preferences.
- categories of personal information collected on the website;
- information about the third parties this information is shared with;
- types of cookies and other tracking technology;
- a description of the consumer rights;
- how to exercise these rights.
Already have a Strand Sahara account? Log in now and select ‘New Contract’.
What People Say About Us
PROUD TO HAVE SUPPORTED
Questions and Answers
We currently support businesses in the UK, Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Rwanda and Uganda. Located in a different country? We’d be happy to refer you to someone local who can help – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All our contracts, templates, and guides are signed off by fully qualified legal professionals who have worked for some of the biggest corporations in the world. They each have at least 8 years’ legal experience and possess local and international experience.
We strongly recommend that you sign up for one of our all-inclusive plans so that you can make the most of the guidance and support we provide. However, we also offer a pay-as-you-go options if you are not ready just yet.
Our plans are all-inclusive because it is important to us that you have the right support and guidance on each of the key legal protections. It is up to you whether you make use of everything available, but we hope that you do in order to give your business the legal protection it deserves.
We provide legal support for business issues, including contracts, intellectual property and company secretarial work. We do not currently provide dispute resolution, property law services or support for personal legal issues.
Absolutely not! Our contracts are tailored to your business needs and situation.
Every business should have its own, tailor-made standard contracts for customers which reflect the way it does business.
Having your own standard terms will ensure that you’re able to provide the protection that your business needs and will enhance your reputation because customers will know what to expect from you and what happens if things go wrong.
To be effective, your standard terms must reflect the way you do business and protect your business from the specific risks you face. In contrast, we know that many businesses resort to relying on generic templates or re-purposing contracts obtained from competitors or previous employers. The problem is that these contracts often do not match up with your or your customers’ expectations and fail to adequately protect your business because important risks are not properly addressed. Poorly drafted or ill-suited contracts are often not worth the paper they are written on.
We are keen to connect with experienced legal professionals across Africa with a shared passion for building the African corporate giants for tomorrow. If that’s you, please get in touch by sending us an email at email@example.com.